Frequently Asked Questions
What is OMPT?
OMPT stands for Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy. OMPT Specialists is staffed exclusively by therapists who have completed the full postgraduate Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy program from Oakland University ( an additional two years of training). This additional training makes our practitioners uniquely qualified to deliver techniques reserved for more highly educated therapists with advanced knowledge of anatomy, biomechanics and the musculoskeletal system. To learn more about OMPT click here
What should I expect on my first visit?
- We typically ask you to arrive 15 minutes before your first appointment to complete some brief paperwork. Please bring your prescription, insurance card, and driver’s license along with a medication list if applicable.
- Your therapist will evaluate you and customize a plan of care for you and answer any questions you may have.
- If you want to complete the patient paperwork prior to your appointment you click here * Should we have a link to the new patient paperwork page
What type of injuries do you treat?
Spine Rehabilitation, sports injury and rehabilitation and prevention, pre and post surgical, pediatric orthopedic manual physical therapy, work-related injuries, auto injuries, arthritis, sprains and strains, shoulder and hand rehab, foot and ankle pain, musculoskeletal disorders, TMJ, headaches, and much more!
What health insurances do you accept?
We are in network with almost all insurance plans. Plus, we always verify your individual insurance plan prior to scheduling your initial evaluation.
What type of payment do you accept?
We accept MasterCard, Visa, and Discover.
Why OMPT Specialists?
- One-On-One care with the SAME Physical Therapist each visit
- We never double or triple your therapy appointments with other patients
- Complete and detailed verification of your insurance coverage
- Our therapists are certified OMPT (2 more years of education above and beyond regular therapy degree)
- State-of-the-art aquatic therapy (hydrotherapy)
- Cutting-edge equipment & technology
- Early and late appointments are available
- Step down and after care gym programs are available
- Convenient locations
- Private pay flat rate for those with no insurance
What are your hours of operation?
Our clinics are typically open Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 7:00pm.
Do you have gym memberships?
Once a patient completes their prescribed course of therapy they can continue to use the gym at a reduced monthly rate.
What is different about OMPT Specialists?
- Our patients receive ONE-ON-ONE customized care by the same OMPT Trained Physical Therapist each visit.
- We never double or triple book patient appointments.
- We only utilize Physical Therapists to treat you.
- Our Physical Therapists must complete an additional 2 year postgraduate fellowship in manual therapy.
- We verify your insurance in detail before the start of your care to avoid any surprises at the end of your therapy.
Who will I see?
At OMPT Specialists you will see the same OMPT trained physical therapist for the initial evaluation and for each visit throughout the course of treatment.
Can I talk to a Therapist before my first visit?
If you are unsure if OMPT Specialists is right for you, we will be happy to schedule a FREE consultation with one of our Physical Therapists where you can discuss the treatment and any other questions you may have. We also have a link on our website where you may ask a question and a Physical Therapist will get back to you within 24 hours. Ask an OMPT therapist a question here.
Does insurance cover Physical Therapy?
In most cases, physical therapy is covered by your health insurance. At OMPT our staff will verify your insurance coverage before your first appointment. We also have Private Pay options and customized payment plans if you don’t have insurance.
How long will each treatment last?
Each treatment should last anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes on average plus additional time for modalities or aquatic therapy.
Do you offer aquatic therapy?
We currently have aquatic therapy at the following locations: Auburn Hills, Commerce, Macomb, Plainwell, Rochester, Royal Oak, Shelby, Southfield, Traverse City, Troy, and Washington. We also have the ALTER-G (the Anti-Gravity treadmill) at Shelby.
Do I have a choice in where I go for Physical Therapy?
Although your doctor may refer you to a specific physical therapy clinic, patients do have the choice about which physical therapist to see. Tell your doctor that you prefer OMPT Specialists for effective, result-oriented care.
How can I contact OMPT?
You can reach any of our locations by calling (248) 353-1234 or by visiting our website at www.OMPT.com. We also have a Facebook Page where patients can keep in touch with the OMPT happenings, contests, and much more.
Did you find your answer? If not, ask a physical therapist!
If you are in pain, contact OMPT Specialists to schedule a FREE consultation with an Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapist. Take advantage of this limited-time offer by calling us at 248-353-1234 for any of our 11 locations. Or you can use our online Request an Appointment form.